Re: TI-H: USB Link

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: USB Link

In a message dated 8/23/98 2:13:49 AM Eastern Daylight Time, gussie@alaska.net
writes:

> But anyway, apple is going to survive when they release those 592MHz,
>  750MHz and 1GHz computers next year.  BP had a G4 1000MHz computer (apple
>  shipped it to them) after they bought 1,500 PCs.  The G4 was able to do
>  their equations faster than all PCs working together.  They have to enter
>  in GIGs of information on the ground structure to figure out where to
>  drill.  Mac did it in 7.8 minutes.  1,500 PCs did it in 11.7.  The only
>  problem with the G4 1000 is that it crashes too much so far.  The bus and
>  other parts aren't made to operate at that speed.

does anyone here know the Url to that site that had tons of rumors about PCs?
All I can remember from them is the mention of a 100x CD drive which copies
the CD onto onboard memory and then runs from that..  also they mentioned a
1Ghz cpu and NEC planning to make 1 terabyte of ram  (why they would do that
is beyond me)

-dave!