Re: TI-H: USB Link

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: USB Link

In a message dated 8/20/98 5:15:49 PM EDT, dknaack@hotmail.com writes:

> >Although I DEFINITLEY agree that the iMac
>  >should have at LEAST a parallel port.  Why?  Because there are no
>  <WORKING>
>  >USB printers!  This kind of thing would not even be useful for schools
>  (who
>  >use printers) except for internet connections and such.
>
>  Most of the school networks that I have seen used network print
>  servers anyway, that way they don't need a printer for every student.
>  As long as the iMac has network connectivity, it has print capability.
In our school, each classroom has a computer that is >NOT< networked, in
addition to the Learning Media Center (library and computer lab) that has a
network.  Each classroom 'puter has it's own printer (an HP inkjet).  This
would pose a problem, no?

> >Although I think
>  >schools would like to get rid of floppy drives (stops viruses from
>  >being inserted into network).
>
>  Sure makes it difficult to take files home tho.  Oh, I forgot, we're
>  supposed to stop using nearly-free floppies and start carring around
>  $15 zip disks for everything.

Remember, there's always the network and e-mail.  Have one G3 networked to the
iMacs and make this a disk computer, but have it have scads of AV software.

Rob