Re: TI-H: overclocking

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: overclocking

Sorry bout those dead links. I started on it and never had time to finish. I'd
recomend ging to ticalc, clicking calculators, and finding where it says
turbo. All but the TI-80 can be turboed. the TI-81, 85, and 86 are all the
same values (22pf caps). The 81/85 the cap is labeled C9 and the TI-86 it's
labeled C13.

the TI-82 and 83 are also very similar, but I forgot the values. The 92 can
also be accelerated.

The links go to a page that describes how to turbot the calcs.

Just copy the values of the caps if it's the TI-92 or the TI-82/83 and letme
know, and I'll send you back a modified schematic for adding a fast slow switch.

The TI-81/85/86 you simply place the switch in series with the original cap.
when the switch is on, it's slow, and off, it's fast. simple enough. THe
TI-82/83 and the TI-92 need to combine diferent values of caps for the switch.
I also highly recomend a switch. I will also do turbos for $20 (covers, parts,
shipping, and some labor to make it worth my while and to pay for my weekend
trips home from college! :)

If you choose to do it yourself, I will be glad to guide you through the
upgrade a little later, when I pop open a calc and look at what the heck I
actualy did to it! (:
--

Richard Piotter
richfile@prairie.lakes.com

The Richfiles TI Hardware and BASIC web page:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/5081/Richfiles.html