Re: TI-H: USB Link

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: USB Link

I though it had three internal PCI slots???

Oh well. I agree. Apple made an nice machine for FIRST time users, who don't
have existing hardware, but for the REAL mac user (or even anyone with
something as simple as a printer) you'd have to trash your old equipment! That
sucks! THey coud have afforded to have one serial connection (like the
powerbooks) and a SCSI port. Seriously, they could hacve the 25 pin or even
the little square one on the powerbooks. THey wouldn't have lost much space,
and what's the deal about two USB ports??? At least that's what I heard, but
anyway, why two, if they can handle 127 connections??? I'm realy going to buy
254 peripherals??? Right.

They realy should have incuded SCSI and at east one serial.

Still, if a USB interface is recreated on TI, then a USB graphlink program
ought to be made to link to the calc! maybe the USB could emulate TI
protocol??? an AVR that translates TI and USB might be a better idea, since
then you could use the USB for standard stuff, like a graphlink (after all,
the graphlink can't be used with the iMac, since there is no serial port!!!)

Grant, I won't buy an iMac till they put at least SCSI back in, but I think it
would be a good thing if you made an AVR that works like a USB graphlink!

Maybe you could even market that one!

Heh heh, sell it to TI! (:

--

Richard Piotter
richfile@prairie.lakes.com

The Richfiles TI Hardware and BASIC web page:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/5081/Richfiles.html

Follow-Ups: References: