85

.--------.
|        |
'--------'

86
  __________
=|          |=
=|__________|=

The TI-86 pins are on the sides and are super tiny. I forgot the type of
package (TSOP or QSOP??? I can't remember, My books aren't here, and I never
remeember those ;)

The TI-92 uses the exact same chip, and I want to do that TI-92 memory upgrade
that actualy does increase the memory (not two banks selected by a switch). I
can't though, since I can't possibly imagine to solder those pins (much less
the individual wires that the instructions say to wire to the ROM port and circuitboard!)

--

Mel Tsai wrote:

> >This can be done to any calc. You just need an equivalent chip to the one installed.
> >
> >The TI-86 unfortunately uses a diferent style of chip that is IMPOSSIBLE to
> >hand solder. The wires are imensly tiny!!!
>
> Closer together than on the 85?
>
> -Mel

Richard Piotter
richfile@prairie.lakes.com

The Richfiles TI Hardware and BASIC web page:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/5081/Richfiles.html

Follow-Ups: References: