Re: TI-H: Zunix?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Zunix?

DOS has been done for the 85?  Could someone possibly point me to a URL
where I can get the info?

As for that loadlin thing, I think I'm on the same page with you.
That's exactly what I was thinking of.

z80 vs 68000(?): As I said, I know practically nothing.  If it can be
done for a 92 or 92+, then cool.

Why axe multi-user?  I suppose it's kinda a "stupid calculator trick"
but maybe someone has a use for it.  What about a classroom network,
where everyone gets some special software for their TI-8<2,3,5,6,9> or
92, and the teacher has some network cables that she just kinda lays out
between rows of desks.  Then she plugs this little calcnet into her
TI-92.  She can push data (simple images, text, pointers to programs,
etc) over to the classnet, they can call up old push-data, possible
whiteboard facilites (imagine an entire class being able to work on the
same chalkboard, with the teacher as moderator), and file transfers
(laplink-92?).

All the above, with only some software (which would perhaps take 1/2 an
85's RAM?) installed on the client's machine, so the kiddies could still
have their games and such.  The teacher's machine, on the other hand,
would run this 68000-un*x to host clients, moderate the whiteboard, and
feed data down off of the expander.

I imagine it would take some serious talking to convince a middle or
high school principal of the validity of this method of teaching...

Plz don't flame me cause I'm a hardware-moron.  =)

--Matt Cooper / mnemonicdevice@hotmail.com