Re: TI-H: PCB

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: PCB

>On Fri, 7 Aug 1998, David Knaack wrote:
>> >press that on top of the positive photoresist-treated board out in
>> >direct sunlight for about 10 minutes.
>>
>> Have you actually used that method?  I have read that you could do
>> it that way, but I also read from someone else that it takes several
>> hours to harden the mask using sunlight.
>
>Yes, I have. I live near Salt Lake City, Utah (USA). I don't know
exactly
>what my latitude/longitude is (and therefore how much more/less intense
>sunlight would be here as compared to wherever you're located),

San Antonio TX, UV content should be pretty much the same.

>but I went out on a bright summer afternoon and propped the thing
>up so as to face the sun directly. You could buy a small board and
>cut it into smaller pieces so you could try different exposure
>times to see what works best where you're located.

Sounds like a winner.
Does the photoresist change color when it has been exposed so you
see the mask?  That would be a handy way of knowing when you had
exposed it enough.

Those blacklight light tubes you see at Spencers and other shops
are UV, are they the right wavelength to harden the photoresist?

DK