TI-H: Expander<->Computer Link program?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Expander<->Computer Link program?

Greetings all!

I finally subscribed this new address so I can post again, but I'm
stuck using HotMail.  Don't you just hate it when you're on a T1,
but the owner's proxy blocks everything but web?

Anyway, I'm playing with the idea of writing an Expander to Computer
link, something Rich was complaining about not having the other day.

I'd like to know how many people would be intrested in using such
a program.  It would be free.

There are two major stopping blocks in the project though.  One, I
don't have any refrence for the Expander protocol, and two, I don't
have an expander to test with.

The first problem I'm sure can be fixed, if the expander creator
(Bryan Rittmeyer?)  would forward me (the URL for) the expander
protocol document.  I'd sure appriciate it.

Unless someone has an extra expander lying around that they would
donate/lend to me for a few weeks, I'll just have to send the
program to someone with an expander they can use for testing.

Also, just for practice, I'm playing with writing yet another
Calc<->Computer link program.  Its Win95/98 compliant and should
work on NT too (it uses the windows API for port access instead
of direct port access).  If I end up with something presentable,
would anyone be intrested in getting a copy?
Any suggestions for features that would make it more usable than
other programs out there?

I currently only have a $4 Serial link cable, and 85/82 protocol
documents, so thats all either of these programs will support for
now (unless someone wants to donate/lend some other kind of link
cable for development).

Thanks
DK