Re: TI-H: Hardware for the TI-83

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Hardware for the TI-83

I'll even send you the switches showing exactly how to mount them. I'll
include parts for a SPinTerface port as well if you want to try building it
(nice little plug with the link port wires and a regulated power supply in
one. look at my page for detials). my only recomendation, is make sure your
soldering iron has a nice pointy tip for the SPinTerface.

Anyway, if you want the three switches, you can get them from All electronics
for $1.00 for 3 of them (perfect for your needs), but you get caught with $5
shipping. I'll also include detailed instructions for mounting them to the
circuit board, as well as all the capacitors you need for the turbo (the 83 is
a little more complex than the 85). If you like, i;'ll also send you the parts
for the SPinTerface port, and a small speaker that can be used with the calc
(but it's bright blue). $5 for the switches and caps and instructions, and $5
more for the SPiNterface. I'll throw in the speaker thing if you ask, but you
did say you ordered some stuff. Look at my page, and I'll send you parts for
any item you want (If I have it) but i won't build the stuff anymore, cause I
just don't have the time for it.

The EL, is well worth it, but it also costs like about $30. contact David
knack for that.

I have some, but one is for my final order, and two are for me.
--

Brian Watson wrote:

> Christopher Kalos (raptorone@geocities.com) wrote:
>
> >build the speaker into the case, put a DIP switch block  by the backup
> >battery, and use one for EL, one to turbo/deturbo, and one to control
> >the speaker.  You'll eventually find a use for #4, trust me.
>
> I'd say put the switches on the side.  You don't know how annoying it
> would be to switch on and off those if you had to remove the battery
> cover every time.
>
> --Brian

Richard Piotter
richfile@prairie.lakes.com

The Richfiles TI Hardware and BASIC web page:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/5081/Richfiles.html