Re: TI-H: EII idea

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: EII idea

I forgot about the DB-9 conector idea, but the wiring is a real pain (you need
to do point to point soldering iron to the connector's leads, not the funnest
thing, especialy when the plastic keeps melting).

anyway, soldering the PLCC socket to a pair of male headers, and a pair of
female headers to the PCB would possibly allow you to do the same thing, but
allow it to be done with little board modification.

I need to find a source for female headers with trough board solder teminals
(not the kind you clip a cable to).

the later idea might be a little easier to build. It also saves on wear to the
socket and chip (have you ever bent a pin on a PLCC chip???)

I'll try the new idea, and if it sucks, i'll do the 9-pin DB-9 conector and
include instructions for it.

And I need an AVR, so if you havn't contacted me yet, contact me to get me an
address to send you money for one.
--

Richard Piotter
richfile@prairie.lakes.com

The Richfiles TI Hardware and BASIC web page:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/5081/Richfiles.html

Follow-Ups: References: