Re: TI-H: Hey everyone!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Hey everyone!

>Hey everyone, I'm new to this list and to lists in general and I hope I am
sending this to the right place.

Hey, Joe, good to have you.  We only accept techno freaks, computer junkies,
and overall nerds on this list, so if you don't fall into 1 of those
categories, we will have to psycoconnetically fry your brains into mush
:---)

>1- the circut drives eight LEDs, why can't it drive a 7-segment display?
(which is 8 LEDs with the dot) In my lightshow there are 8 LEDs and a
7-segment display selectable with a switch. If you have ever played skeeball
(or something) at a Chuck E Cheese's you know that a 7-segment display can
do some pretty cool effects.

Not bad, not bad. . .

>2-The tiny blue box that holds all the lightshow circutry also has a 9 pin
serial port on it, pin one is common and the other 8 pins are + out at led
voltage so if you wanted to build another box with relays and IR LEDs/IR
phototransistors or optoisolators and have the calculator control big
incandecent lights you don't need to build another lightshow thingy, you
just plug it in.

Hmmm, sounds like something Rich would do :)

>I havn't finished it yet, tho. I need to find a LM7805 9v to 5v regulator.
does anyone have any suggestions?

Yeah, try and expand the number of lights.