Re: TI-H: Radio Link

Welp, I unsubscribed from the spam list formerly known
as TI-H, and I know that flash.net has a lot of problems
with e-mail. I should be getting an account at pair.com
soon (for the EII site) and they also give out e-mail.

As for the old firmware that I sent you, that version
was ancient with tons of bugs in the TI send/rec routines...
I had to add quite a few nops to get it slow enough to work
with a 1 MHz crystal... the AVRs are very fast chips!

I'd love to see what you ended up with, if you want to send
me your firmware. I will definitely be finishing the project
myself, and I won't steal your work. You can send it after
I'm done if you want.

I suggest you sell those radio modems as is, with RS-232
support. A lot of people on the list would kill for something
like that for so cheap! Then you could use the EII, or
an AVR-Based graphlink clone (something Grant or I could whip
up in under 10 minutes, no doubt) to convert from TI to RS-232.

The whole goal of the EII is to provide a modular development
platform so that people can realize some of their more
advanced ideas.

You reversed the per-cycle times for the AVR and PIC, by the way.
The PIC is about 200ns, the AVR is around 62.5. Time = 1 / Frequency.
:-)

Just so the rest of the people on the list know, the EII site is now
mirrored at http://www.bridges.edu/horizon/eii/ The site was down
earlier
today due to a nuke (thank the AOL lewzers...) but should be online now.
The horizon.dyn.ml.org/eii/ site still works, and I should have a
www.pair.com
mirror in the future.

Bryan