Re: TI-H: EII Memory Extender

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: EII Memory Extender

>Hey, Bryan, everyone on this list knows you made it, and Grant said he got it
>working, so Bryan, contact Grant, even over the list, and talk this thing out.
>I want to start building these too! So many people have asked me If I can
>build them a Memory extender, and I always have to explain that I can't build
>it cause you aren't done with it.

I got tired of trying to contact Bryan about the EII, and thats when I
started on my mp3 project.  which I finished!  I found out that bryans
e-mail server isn't good and that he doesn't get most of his mail...

Either way, I have an EII, so I'm happy...  Basically at this point bryan
could just decide to ask me for the firmware I made.  He owns the firmware
I owned, and at any time I will send it to him and he can sell it.  I'd
like to get a penny from each of you though...  :)

>I lost my old ESF (serious!), and now I have no real form of memory expansion.
>I'm waiting just as much as the people who are asking me to build it!

I've got about 200 people who have asked me for one, but I honor bryans nda
so I'm waiting for him to release his, or for him to give me the okay...
Right here I have 15 chips that could be programmed, so its a matter of how
fast your envelopes get here if I sell them...

>Believe me, that old, old it ought to be done by late Feb post didn't come
>true, and I think if Grant has it figured out, you should just follow his
>modifications. You both put a lt of time into this obviously, so release it!!!

He gave it to me some time in feb, and I made the changes the first of last
month that made it work...  It didn't take more than 4 hours total to make
one work...  I was going to add an IDE interface, but I didn't want to get
introuble...  I know so much about mel and bryans design, I could get sued
for using their ideas against them...  So if bryan says I can, I can
release my projects...  I used some of bryans ideas for the
calc<->peripheral connection which is why I can't give out any of my avr
firmware chips...

>Come on, if Grant has it working, ask him what he did and start making them!

I already explained the largest problem...  :)

>Also, what will the chip cost from you, and a guess as to the parts costs. I'd
>like an estimate.

The chips cost me $2 I think...  I buy them in packs of 100.  If I buy a
small quantity of 25 they are only $2.50...

>Thanks!

I could use a little more of that more often...  <jk>  :)