TI-H: you are gonna like this!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: you are gonna like this!!

Ok for the TI-92 owners... You can now remove your LCD to go EL!! It is
not that difficult to remove at all. If you open up your 92 and remove
the silver shield. Just toss it away, it really doesn't matter. If you
look really close at the LCD you will see that there are two layers to
it. The top layer connects on the right side facing. The bottom layer
connects at the top of the calc.if you look really close you will see
that the ribbon cable actually loops up behind the mounting plate. There
should be some black tape over the ribbon cable on the right and the
top. This tape is not wide at all. Not wide enought to get a panel
behind the LCD. This black tape can be cut!!! You have to be extremely
careful not to cut the ribbon to the LCD!! Cut the top side first!! It
will make it a lot easier. Before you cut the right side, you need to
cut the foam tape behind the LCD, this foam tape is what holds the LCD
to the mounting plate. On the back side, you will see 3 small screws,
these can remove the mounting plate. You do NOT need to undo these
screws. Make sure you completely break the seal of the foam tape before
you cut the rightside balck tape. Once all this is done, you will have a
few inches to pull away the LCD from the panel. Now I just need to get a
EL kit to put on this damn thing! Does anyone have a kit to sell that
will fit the 92's dimensions? I really want to get one soon!

Have fun!!
gregory

I will be posting some pics or some instructions later this week on my
page.

http://www.eatel.net/~whitmore