Re: TI-H: EL Backlight

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: EL Backlight

From: Robert Brack <reb@netride.com>
>>Hey, I was wondering if you have some slots open...I have an 86, and
>>can test the EL out and see if it works with the 86 and its display.
>>don't have the money handy right now, but if you confirm I can get
some
>>together. Thanks!
>>
>>-Gabe
>>P.S. I still have space on my ISP acct if you still want it :)
>

>Hey, I still have 2 EL panels and inverters (professionally sealed),
but the
>inverters don'f fit in the current case, and they cost $45 (price I
paid).

How did you install your inverter if it doesn't fit in the regular
case?

>BTW, if you put an EL panel in the 86, remove
>the stupid green things because it is VERY difficult to see the
display
>without the EL on.  Just thought I'd offer that.

Robert, what color are your EL panels when they are off?  The ones
I have are white (bluegreen when turned on).  The display shows up
pretty good over them, not quite as well as with the original foil
though.
When you removed the filter from the back of the LCD, you said that
it was clear after that.  Was there any tint at all, or was it just
clear like glass?
My 85 has two filters, on one the front and one on the back, they
are both somewhere around 0.25mm thick.  I peeled up a corner of
the back one, and they are pretty rigid, with nothing under them.
Does this sound like the same thing that you peeled off?  What
did you do with the filter?

later
DK