TI-H: Mac/PC Wars

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Mac/PC Wars

I personally can't even see the reason why people are so busy comparing
processors.  Sure, the motor in some huge 18 wheeler may be way more
powerful, but a Ferarri will beat it any day.   Regardless of how powerful
the PowerPC processors become they still have to push around the MacOS,
which unless you use solely for desktop publishing or a select few other
strictly business apps. slows down performance so that even a modest PC can
beat it.

If you are going to compare platform hardware anyway why not compare the
PowerPC with a Digital Alpha?  At least they share the same basic idea.  Any
Windows NT machine with a Alpha will blast by a similarly priced Mac doing
virtually anything (I say virtually only because there may be somthing I'm
forgetting, If there is I'm sure 64 bit NT that's in beta testing will
slaughter the Mac doing ANYTHING).

It's stupid for people to sit here and Judge Macs and PC just by thier
hardware, the OS is way more important.  Show me a well informed person who
can justify buying a mac over an Intel or Digital based Windows Machine
(Windows 95/98, or NT).  At least PC users can easily get other OS's if they
choose, and boot among them easily.

I'm not saying that the Mac is a bad machine at all.  I use them every day.
All I'm saying is for every reason to buy a Mac there are (at least) 5
reasons to buy a PC.

  I'm not going to polute this E-Mail list with any more off topic messages
like this, I would encourage you not to either.  If you want to reply,
please send e-mail to lawman@Eosinc.com .

BTW, if your wandering what kind of machines I use on a daily basis here
they are:

 Intel P-100 based Windows NT 4/Windows 95 Dual booted (I'm using this now)
Sun SPARCstation IPX with Solaris 2.5.6
Several different Macs, including: Apple  PowerPC 5400/120 (Some with System
7.5.6, some with OS 8), Power Computing PowerCenter Pro (604e, 180Mhz, OS
8.1), Mac Classic (2MB Ram, 25MHz 6800, Sytem 6), and many others that fall
inbetween these.