Re: TI-H: EL Backlight installed!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: EL Backlight installed!

> Front of back??? If it's the front, then you removed the diffuser. There may
> be a second diffuser on the back of the LCD too! I'm suprised it works! Oh
> well, if it works, it works!

Actually that film probably isn't a diffuser, its a polarized lens. If it's in
the back it makes any light that reflects off the mirror from making the letters
lighter. If it's in the front it polarizes any light that pass through the lcd so
that the letters are visible. Either way it will make the letters appear lighter
without it. To see if this is in fact a polarized lens, take the film, look
though the film at the lcd, now if you rotate this film the lcd will turn black
(or clear, depends on how you had it turned first). Hopefully it's only a
diffuser, If not.... you goofed and should find a replacement. If anyone is
interested I'll post a mail I sent to
                        -Michael

Follow-Ups: References: