Re: TI-H: EL Backlight installed!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: EL Backlight installed!

From: Greg Hill <gregh@xmission.com>
>On Tue, 14 Apr 1998, Grant Stockly wrote:
>
>> I use goof off to get the sticky stuff from the mirror off...  Then
>> reliazed there was some stupid green thing on the screen, so I took
>> razor to it and peeled it off...  Now my LCD is white clear...  The
true
>> color from the el shows through, and isn't difused...
>
>The mirror peeled right off from mine, and didn't leave any sticky
goo.

The foil on my 85 left a small amount of slightly tacky adhesive,
barely noticable.  I wiped it off with alcohol.

>But I thought the green tint was just a property of the LCD itself..

No, if you look closly, you can see that it is a distinct layer
that is stuck to the back of the LCD.

>Apparently the green is a filter of some sort which can be peeled
off?

Apparently so, I figured it was a polarizing filter or something, so I
left it alone.  If it really is just a green filter, I wonder why it
is there?

I'm going to peel it off tonight :)

DK