Re: TI-H: EL Backlight

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: EL Backlight

From: Gabe <Gabeman@Earthling.net>
>Hey, I've got plenty of space left on my 20 MB ISP account that I'd
be
>glad to lend out.

Thanks, I've got a couple of offers now, I'll have to see how big the
finished page turns out to be, I'll keep you in mind.

> I'd also appreciate some more info, which I should
>hope would be provided on the web pages :) What type of lights are
you
>using? Indiglo-type meshing or actual lamps?

The light panel is the same stuff as the Indiglo lights, same
bluish-green
color too.  Not as green as a Lime-Lite though (Incidentally, for
those
of you who may have tried to use a Lime-Lite, the inverters ($15) will
power a Lime-Lite too, dunno how bright or how you will hook it up
though).

I refer to it as a 'lamp' because that is how the manufacturer refers
to it, an electroluminicent lamp.

The web page will cover all of the installation details, voltages and
frequency the inverter runs at, switching and auto-switching for the
lamp, and problems associated with usage (I have only run into two
very minor ones).  I'll have detailed instructions and pictures of
an installation.

DK