Re: TI-H: Another EIII choice...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Another EIII choice...

What about UltraSCSI (or even UltraWide SCSI-3) support so I can use an
optical drive instead of the floppy.  It'll also improve CD-access times
to the ticalc.org archive cd, as opposed to an IDE CD-ROM drive that
takes up too much CPU utilization.
~Larry C
Larry1492@juno.com
Visit the Vaccuum Gateway, The final destination for battered
electronics.
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lab/9888/index.html
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lab/9888/index.htmll">The
Vacuum Gateway</A>

On Sun, 05 Apr 1998 22:05:09 -0400 John Malluck <malluck@bellsouth.net>
writes:

>Noah S Zoschke wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 4 Apr 1998 14:54:32 -0700 gussie@alaska.net (Grant Stockly)
>> writes:
>> >
>> >This is more like it!  Check it!  It will have a real-time clock!
>> >keyboard!
>> >
>> >This thing basically lets your calc use all PC/AT parts...
>everything
>> >except the momitor...  I decided that a 2.88MB disk drive was
>enough,
>> >and
>> >that a 4.3GB $250 hard drive was overkill...  :)
>> >
>> >SuperI/O III
>> >+Plug and Play Compatible Chip
>> >+Floppy Disk Controller
>> >+Keyboard Controller
>> >+Real-Time Clock
>> >+Two Fast UARTS
>> >+Infrared Support
>> >+IEEE 1284 Parallel Port
>>
>> BIG <snip>
>>
>> Geez...
>> What types of drivers are going to be needed for these things?  And
>how
>> big would this thing be if all the features were built?
>>
>> Oh yeah, you forgot to add a guided missile controller :)
>>

>You forgot to include the nuclear power plant to power the thing. I've
>always wanted a calc add-on that gave off a satisfy hum when powered
>up :)
>.
>                    -Michael

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]