Re: TI-H: Indiglo Backlight/keylight

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Indiglo Backlight/keylight

>Can EL Panels be cut??? If they can, and you have a glass cutter, you
>can get 10.6" x 6.5" inch EL panels from All Electronics for $6!!! $10
>gets a 12" x 6.5" inch panel! They are mounted on glass though, so that
>may pose as a problem. If the glass was scored, and EL panels can be
You can get cheeper ones without the glass...  I like the place where
robert gets his.  They are worth $40.

1.  They look like a school ID that has been laminated.
2.  They are just the right size of the mirror that they will stick to the
LCD.  This is neat because you don't have to mount it.  It will stick there
for a long time.

>cut, that might be a good deal??? If you can solder them, that would be
>even better. Maybe you could make more than one then, but I doubt that,
>cause the fact they're mounted on glass. Otherwise, you can probably
>find them else where. All Electronics also has a 64x440 pixel LCD with
>built in EL backlight and inverter for $15. If you cut the EL in half,
>and use the inverter (5 volts!!!), it would WORK!!!

Whats the site address for All Electronics?