Re: TI-H: Super I/O III (EIII): As I Said...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Super I/O III (EIII): As I Said...

> I would have to agree, this is kind of overkill for most people maybe 2or3 of the
> 10+ people I know (at school) that want more memory, wouldn't even know how to
> say the features of the SuperI/O III, let alone know what they are... what ever
> happened to the *simple* EII?
>
> Exxon00 wrote:
>
> > I would definently be interested in such a device, but it seems like there is
> > so much stuff I wouldn't use.

I agree 100!!! I was so thrilled to see the EuP complete and TI-8x drivers
being made! Then i find out the PIC is discontinued by Bryan and this EII with
this Expansion Module port comes along. I'm like "cool, this should be a nice
device", but then I hear about an EIII and there is still no expanders in
production at all! I personaly think it would be cool, but who wants to carry
a floppy drive around, when you can carry tiny Memory Modules around that plug
into an expander. Something simple.

I have to say, this super expander is cool, but it is only going to be a super
development tool (someone had better come up with C or BASIC or Object based
compiler with something that advanced! =). Maybe a few people will use it
regularily. I don't care what everyone else says, but I think it's cool, and
I'll 99.9% chance end up buying one, but I still want a tiny expander that can
maybe hold one backup per chip, and the chip would be in a cartridge with a
header so you can switch chips without needing to take it apart. This was how
the SPinTerface EuP was (minus the backups). It had a MMOD plug and you could
expand it by adding more chips! This is the kind of simple expander most
*normal* ti user would love to have.

I say, build the cool EIII, but make the EII your priority. Also, how hard
would it be to add backup capabilities to the EII???

Richard Piotter
richfile@prairie.lakes.com

The Richfiles TI Hardware and BASIC web page:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/5081/Richfiles.html