Re: TI-H: Re: TIcalc/TIPhiles

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Re: TIcalc/TIPhiles

> It also would be interesting if ticalc would create a yearly or
> quarterly or maybe even a monthly CD-ROM containing every file and the
> entire page! It would DEFINITELY save on download and search time!!! It
> would be nice to not have to go online for every little update.

This would probably be more expense than it's worth. To have 500 CDs
comercially produced will cost something like $2000. That divides to $4
each, but whoever made them would also need to take time to do cover art,
distribution costs, have a margin to cover unsold CDs, etc. Total cost per
disc would be $10 or more. I suppose there are people who would buy the
disc, but I would download the whole site on my x2 modem first. That way,
I don't have to wait for the disc to come, and it only takes all night to
transfer that much. BulletProof FTP. :)

--
Greg Hill
greg-hill@bigfoot.com