Re: TI-H: Zip

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Zip

> I had an idea that I posted to Assembly-92, but they were not too
> thrilled because it had to do with hardware.  SO, I am on this list now
> too and would like to see if anyone here would like to see if they can
> get it working.
>
> Does anyone think that they could create a device or modify an expander
> so that it would run a parallel ZIP drive?  I HOPE that no one would ever
> fill up 100MB of disk space, but I think that it would be a lot easier
> than trying to hook up a floppy drive.
>
> I don't have the time to look into this, but someone might.

I've been looking at stuff like this, and a floppy drive would
probably be easier to hook up.  But, who really needs this much
space?  One megabyte of storage should be plenty for almost anyone
who is interested in an expander.  One meg can be accomplished
through an EEPROM, flash memory, or SRAM with a backup battery.
There are many different options other than ZIP drives and floppy
drives that would work much better.  Besides, these drives also
require much more energy to run and would require much larger
batteries.

-Ed
www.geocities.com/siliconvalley/bay/2267