Re: TI-H: New TI

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: New TI

On Thu, 18 Sep 1997 19:43:56 -0700 Matthew Andersen
<MAndersen@DHVX20.CSUDH.EDU> writes:
>I remember hearing good things about the RISC chips... but, not to
>play
>on the name, arn't they still a little unstable or not all perfect...
>correct me if i'm wrong (and with my day its likly). Also RISC just
>doesn't sound like a good chip to put into something that you are
>selling to the public... NOT EVERYONE UNDERSTANDS.... hehe
>
>MAndersen@dhvx20.csudh.edu
>
>Chris Goetschius wrote:
>>
>> i don't know if Ti is going to proguce like an 87, 93, 84, or
>whatever,
>> but i think the next TI graphing calculator should use a StrongArm
>> microprocessor... they are RISC based, VERY fast, use hardly ANY
>power,
>> and are cheap.

Both the PowerPC by Motorola and the ALPHA by Digital use RISC
architecture and they are perfectly valid chips.  Even the Pentium II and
the K6 are RISC underneath.  Those chips have a front-end on them that
converts the complex CISC instructions into a few "RISC x86" instructions
that get executed concurently inside the processor.  Kewl huh?

	Matthew

"One world, one web, one program"
     -Microsoft Promotional Ad

"Ein volk, ein reich, ein fuhrer"