RE: TI-H: Add LEDs to your link cable!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: TI-H: Add LEDs to your link cable!

> I don't think that this will work because the LEDs draw to much current.  I
> recently built a $5 link with a transfer indicator light.  It did not work
> to just put a led in line, I had to use an OP Amp for it to work due to the
> drain in current.  If anyone wants this circut diagram email me.

Actually it does work, and quite well.  Because of the high
resistance of the resistors, they draw minimal amperage.  With
typical 2.0 volt LEDs and 10000 ohm resistors as specified on my web
page, each LED will draw a maximum of only 0.0003 amps.  This,
needless to say, will not hurt any calculator in the least.  Also,
there is so little amperage being drawn that it is nowhere close to
interfering with any link transmissions.

Ed Plese
eplese@lnd.com
http://www.geocities.com/siliconvalley/bay/2267