TI-H: Temp Sensor instructions

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Temp Sensor instructions

>Has anyone built the temp sensor I got the chip of it but there sooo!!!
>small I don't know how to use them.
>Also does anyone know what part of the circuit senses the temp.
>
>Justin Lynch
>Rlynchjr@texas.net

Yes! I have built 3, 1 one chip device and two multi chip systems with a
sensor wand and an atmospheric sensor! I should post the design to my
page soon, but I havn't had much time.

I have been building them for people for $10 ($15 for the multi chip
system), but they are for the SPinTerface port. It's easy to make them
for the link port too, but you need to find a link cable to cut up. You
need two small silicon switching diodes, like the ones at RadioShack,
and an Electrolytic capacitor. Various values work, and I have been
using a 100uf cap.

Here is a crude schematic:

  Tip/data    _______________________>|___
Middle/Clock  __________________|____>|___|
 Base/Ground  ______         |  |         |
                   |___      |  |         |
                   |   |__|__|__| Pin1    |
                   |  |G     C  D|        |
                   |  |          |        |
                   |  |Address   |        |
                   |  |4__2__1__+|        |
                   |   |  |  |  |_________|
                   |   connect            |
                   |   to GND             |
                   |   to set             |
                   |    chip              |
                   |   address            |
                   |      |     -  +      |
                                100uf

I hope that helps. If you want to connect it to the SPinTerface port,
just connect the data pin to the top right, clock to the bottom right,
and Gnd to the Bottom, second right pin.

Richard Piotter

e-mail: richfiles@hotmail.com

home page: <A
HREF="http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/5081/Richfiles.html">The