TI-H: Re: A85: Memory Mapped Devices

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Re: A85: Memory Mapped Devices

> Does anyone know how Memory Mapping is done?  Like, for example, the
> screen on the TI-85 or 92?  I'm not looking for anything real specific,
> just a somewhat general explination as to how it is done/how it works.
> And actually, something more from a hardware standpoint.  ;)

  Various chips are used to determine the address being read/written, and if
it's in a certain range (usually having high bits set down to a certain one,
which is why VRAM on the calculator is at the end), it's sent to the
mapped-in device.
  HTH.

___Dan_Knapp____The_Mauve_Baron______________________Beep Blip Bonk_______
<dankna@bergen.org><dankna@brain.mics.net> http://users.bergen.org/~dankna
Change Nomic!   http://funnelweb.utcc.utk.edu/~chatham/nomicfaq.html
The good, the bad, and the unmentionable.