Re: TI-H: List Conversion/Comms <-> Casio Calcs

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Nicholas Piper wrote:
>>Whoa, that helped a lot ;)
>>The main question is: Can the TI link port hardware be used with the Casio
>>protocol?
>
> I thought it would :-) What I mean't, was, yes, I think it should... as it
> works
> the same "way" as the Ti protocols, just with different Bits. As it, eg.
> it Sends ASCII 6, and waits for a reply. Etc :-)

There are a gazillion ways of sending ASCII 6 through a two-wire link
port...and the link port of a TI can only handle some of them because of
its technical limitations (no accurate clock, no link port interrupts etc.)

>>The whole idea, because dozens of IR link designs have been tried by me and
>>many others, and none of them has worked well, mainly because the link
>>cable has two data lines which are both bidirectional. It's technically
>>quite difficult to send such data over an IR link.
>
> Erk. You are saying that *both* the lines are Bi-directional ? There isn't
> a Tx and a Rx ?!? Hum. This is interesting....

Yes, that's what I'm saying. See www.ticalc.org for a description of the
hardware-layer protocol.

> Well, I can at least use these IR modules for an IR link of the Casio
> units at school....

Well, that doesn't prove anything about the TI calcs...

-Ozone

--
*** Osma Suominen *** ozone@clinet.fi *** http://www.clinet.fi/~ozone ***