Re: TI-H: Wait just 1 minute

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Wait just 1 minute

John Fraser wrote:

> If I have time I will help. But this list isn;t just for those who have been
> here the longest.  new people will have new ideas if others could givethem a
> head start.  Maybe though, old idea thought of a different ways can produce
> a better product.

I know new people can bring new ideas, like Richard Piotter who came up
with SPinTerface, but the FAQ is intended as a primer for beginners, to
tell them about current projects, unavoidable facts and such. When someone
has a new idea and presents it here, anyone can contribute their ideas to
make the product better. But people new on the list tend to present ideas
that are new only to themselves, and too often technically impossible or
infeasible. In the long run it is quite frustrating to reply to their ideas
and criticize them.

With a good FAQ, both old and new people on the list should have a grip
about the facts and history of TI Hardware development, and be able to
focus on the essential.

(I feel I'm becoming a politician =)

-Ozone

PS. I started writing some of the FAQ sections today...I'll post them here
when I'm done with them.

--
*** Osma Suominen *** ozone@clinet.fi *** http://www.clinet.fi/~ozone ***