RE: TI-H: universal calc issues

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 12:28 AM 10/11/97 -0800, you wrote:
>I would not go so far as to say 99% of the community says 'X'. I am a Unix
>administrator turned consultant and it is called "X Windows" by,
>
>1) All the books in print at the local bookstore
>2) IBM
>3) DEC
>4) Federal Government
>5) SCO
>6) XENIX
>7) Concurrent
>8) Minix
>9) Lynix
>10) every college course I know of
>11) and most important -  ME.
>
>P.S. "from the time I was four, I learned that people
>call you what ever name they want!" The consortium can
>go jump in the lake, they need to worry about more
>important things.

I work for the Air Force on quite a few Unix machines, I've always heard it
referred to as X-Windows also. I can't recall a time when reading a manual,
or speaking to an individual where it wasn't referred to as X-Windows. So
where did you get the 99% from?

Leif

- zldgregory@biogate.com
    Dedicated to providing you with more
    information than you needed to know.

    To email me, remove the z in my address  -