RE: TI-H: universal calc issues

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: TI-H: universal calc issues

To reduce size, the Shell/OS will be unique to each calc.  The main libraries (textOut, draw, gray4/8, etc.) would also follow that format.  However, everything after that would be universal.  In fact, I just thought of something.  Why not save a lot of trouble in conversion and "just" use a new file format?  something that the calcs can only recieve within the shell, making even the expanders universal in design.  I would end up writing specific interface software for the PC (Mac also?), but it might be worth it.
	My main worry is that I don't want "another Usgard," which is hailed by some as the greatest thing since sliced bread, while I find it big and annoying if I don't have the proper libraries.  I want this to be as general as possible, but not too large.  I might use individual library loading, but only because not all of us care about grayscale and don't want to waste mem on it.  Of course with an expander, who cares? :)
	Also, why use windows on a platform that would choke on pre-emptive multitasking?  We might have the first release with nothing more than a z80 version on bsh/bash....
Christopher Kalos
raptorone@geocities.com
raptor_one@hotmail.com
Executive Director/Administrator