Re: TI-H: universal calc issues

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: universal calc issues

    Programs written for this new OS, XCalc, would have to have this in
mind when written, as a program that uses the ti-92's large screen would be
incompatible with the ti-82's relatively small screen... you would have to
have multiple screen modes, hence more space, hence less memory available
for other programs...

He only spoke about TI 8x', not 92 ! Still, there's a difference between
85/6 and 82/3 screens... And the 83 has only 27k free mem...

    The only other thing I can think of is on-the-fly screen resizing and
dithering (with grey scale...).  Like, if the program calls for a screen of
300x200, and the calculator has a screen of, say 238x102, the XCalc Os
would shrink the pixels on the screen just enough to get it on screen...
hey, yeah! (I don't mean physical stretching and shrinking, I mean software
wise... do you see?).  and if It was too small, you could stretch it onto
the screen...
   It could work, in a perfect world...

Do you want bicubic method or only bilinear to resize :-) Nope, just need
to center a small screen on a big one... (don't mid 10pixels left..)

a+

Alexis