RE: TI-H: universal calc issues

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: TI-H: universal calc issues

    yeah! The startup program could determine what calculator version you were using, screen size, Bios version number, clock speed, etc. and make any changes necessary for the program...
    Programs written for this new OS, XCalc, would have to have this in mind when written, as a program that uses the ti-92's large screen would be incompatible with the ti-82's relatively small screen... you would have to have multiple screen modes, hence more space, hence less memory available for other programs...
    The only other thing I can think of is on-the-fly screen resizing and dithering (with grey scale...).  Like, if the program calls for a screen of 300x200, and the calculator has a screen of, say 238x102, the XCalc Os would shrink the pixels on the screen just enough to get it on screen... hey, yeah! (I don't mean physical stretching and shrinking, I mean software wise... do you see?).  and if It was too small, you could stretch it onto the screen...
   It could work, in a perfect world...

"If I could be one thing in the world, I would be a tear born in your eye, living on your cheek, and dying on your lips" - Josh Collins