TI-H: Extender uP for SPinTerface: Want to go into full production!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Extender uP for SPinTerface: Want to go into full production!

>Wow! That looks really great. Its nice to know that people are taking
notice.
>Ironically I made my own PCB (routed it, too) on Saturday (last) before
going
>on vacation for a week - That is why this reply is late.
>
>I don't know if I am going to build an EuP based on your modular
design, but
>it certainly looks cool!

I would like to see that layout. I tried to look at the one you postes
on the pictures page, but there were a few things that I couldn't
distinguish. I'll most likely redesign it from scratch to support the
SPinTerface port.

Speaking of it, I would like to build these things for people and I need
to know how I can purchase the chips from you. I forgot how much they
cost though, so if you can include a price for your custom PIC and for
the other parts as well (possibly), I would appreciate it. You also
mentioned quantity discounts. What kind of discounts. I want to make as
many of these things as people want, so I may need alot or I may only
need a few chips. I'll see if I can't get an idea of how many people
want the device. I'm planning on a cart in cart design that allows
multiple chips to be used, like having separate "disks" that insert into
one "drive." I need to know if it is safe to hot swap the memory chip,
or if the PIC needs to be shut down first. It's realy important. I don't
want a design that would possibly corupt the memory. I'll use a 2x4 pin
connector like the SPinTerface, minus 2 pins. I'll probably need the
auto power on line to route in serial through both carts, and that would
clear up the memory cart swapping. The way it would work is a tiny, low
profile cart attaches on top of the actual EuP cart. The SPinTerface
version of the EuP won't have the Memory chip installed. It will have a
memory port, so It will be expandible without needing another PIC to
make a ton of carts. The person ordering from me would get the EuP cart
or an EuP/SPinTerface bundle. Included would be one Memory Module that
plugs into the EuP cart. I would allow people to order as many Memory
Modules as they want though.

Curious, does your software have a software "reset" where it updates the
data, otherwise You would need to quit and restart the driver to use the
new Memory Module.

I especialy need the price for the PIC and the Amtel chip and the best
source for parts.

Thanks

P.S. I would like to hear what you think of the idea too...

I also intend to build EII and EIIs when they are released, but I don't
know when that will happen. Soon for the EII. I'm going to try to make
the EII into a true cart, but the EIII is probably too big. We'll see!
C=

Richard Piotter

e-mail: richfiles@hotmail.com

home page: <A