TI-H: RF IDEA!(To work!) and some FAQ info (seperate)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: RF IDEA!(To work!) and some FAQ info (seperate)

> Making the FAQ organized by the people at ticalc.org might be a good
> idea,
> but I'm not sure about that. How could it be updated? I don't think
> one
> person can be responsible for the whole content, and there might be
> frequent updates in some of the sections that discuss new things. The
> main
> benefit, however, would be telling new people about old projects and
> projects that never started because of fundamental problems.

I think it would be good once people send it in and I set it up in a
page of at least near completed status I will send it to ticalc.org and
ask them to post it and let it be advertised by the sign up for our
list. Then if anyone does an update we would need to mail it to me and I
would update my central page and maybe ticalc's page will have a pointer
to the page that will be updated regularly. And certainly if someone
wants to do a major overhaul go for it; download the one that we have
currently and send your updated one to me and I'll have to up fast! I'll
try and write about some of the RF aspects of the linking.
Which brings me to the second part of this message; I thought about it a
LOT last night and finally came up with a one freq; two digital channel;
compatible with the link cable FROM ti and should cost about 20 a
unit!!!! I hope to find the parts soon and built and test the unit but
I'm nearly SURE it will work as the hard part is done by a chip I found.
I believe the range should be a couple hundred feet however the problem
is by making it compatible with normal linking we can NOT use multiple
calcs via this link at the same time; but that you could make a zshell
driver for! I'll post an update when I find a source for the chips I
need!
Matthew H. Fogle