Re: TI-H: Thanks to some.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Thanks to some.

Matthew Fogle wrote:
> Having a FAQ page around for the list is a good idea. Maybe I or someone
> else could put together a page based on what everyone here thinks should
> be in it and then we get ticalc.org or someone else to host it for all to
> see. Any ideas about this? If TIcalc.ord could mention it right at the
> link to subscribe to this list it would help alot. As to your (Ozone) idea
> about the Microcontroller control of RF; I guess you're right in that
> it is the only way to use one freq and have it compatible with a normal
> cable. I don't have much experience with them at all but I'll look into
> getting a chip to do so...

It would be great if sections from it would be administered by different
persons, but it would still have to be organized centrally in some way...
Posting it weekly (or something) to this list wouldn't hurt. But it has to
be good to be of any real use.

What sections would we need? How about these?

1. General hardware questions
1.1. Link port
1.1.1. 8x series
1.1.2. 92
1.2. Screen
1.3. Processors
1.3.1. Z80 (clone)
1.3.2. MC68000 (clone)
1.4. Memory

2. Homemade link cables
2.1. Serial
2.2. Parallel
2.3. Connect-85
2.4. Duplicating the Graph Link

3. Sounds
3.1. Connecting speakers to the link port
3.2. Other sound designs
3.2.1. I2C DAC (&ADC?)
3.2.2. Amplified SPinTerface sound cartridge
3.2.3. MCU Expanders

4. Turboing
(separately for each successfully turboed calc)

5. Remote linking
5.1. General facts
5.2. IR
5.3. RF

6. Memory expansion
6.1. Expander SF
6.2. Extender uP
6.3. Expander II/III

7. Misc projects
7.1. SPinTerface port
7.2. Backlighting
7.3. Battery Expansion
7.4. Light Flasher
7.5. I2C Network & other I2C Stuff
7.6. TI Modem
7.7. TI Mouse
7.8. TI Keyboard

This is merely a suggestion, I've probably forgot about something, but
you're free to comment...also, they're mostly in the order in which I
thought about them when writing this.

--
*** Osma Suominen *** ozone@clinet.fi *** http://www.clinet.fi/~ozone ***

Follow-Ups: References: