RE: TI-H: Power Savings

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: TI-H: Power Savings

If I had a couple laying around I would connect a multimeter to
the supply of the LCD and tell you exactly but I don't. I can
tell you that it is a fairly insignificant amount. That is why
LCD is used on most battery operated devices.

As a wild guess, I would say that the LCD consumes less than 1%
of the total battery drain. I base this on experience with other
LCD projects. For instance, if you were to take the display
completely out and hardwire something like a checkerboard
pattern, the four AAA batteries would probably display it for
6mo to a year at least.

As things are, mine runs down in about 10-16hrs of use. Before
about 1990, it would have been a safe assumption that most of
that was memory, but now days most gets eaten by the CPU. To the
best of my knowledge they have never built Z-80 with a power
down feature so we are stuck with this limitation unless of
coarse you provide for external power.

On Saturday, October 04, 1997 9:33 AM, Matthew R Price
[SMTP:pricem@juno.com] wrote:
> My friend and I are building a motion control module to attach
to the
> link port (info released sometime in the future).  I was
wondering if