Re: TI-H: Ti 81 Link? huh?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Ti 81 Link? huh?

>When i get my quick cam back friday i'll take a pic of it... but it
>looks nothing like the 85 board... and i've spent hours over my 85
>board... (ROM 10)... and see i was thinking that maybe ti made 1 board
>for the 82 and 81... and just put the different roms and parts for each
>one..

Are there a bunch of spots on the right side of the board where it looks
like parts could be added, but weren't? also, where do the wires lead
to?

I'm going to try to get my hands on an 82 and open it up... my
>school has tons of them and most are broke so i can get it... like it
>turns out that this "BROKEN" 81 just needed batteries... I hate my
>school district... but hey i get free stuff... hehe... anyways... it
>really looked like the 3 hook ups from the 85 rom 10 link so i don't
>think it was that back up thingy you were talking about...

the 82 is not like the 85 or the 81, but you say you can get TI-82's
that are broken? If you could get a bunch, I'm running low on 82 parts,
especialy screen assemblys. I would get you money for shipping and a
couple of dollars for your spending pleasure (=
name your price...
I also wonder if there are other type of calcs broken. I'll give you all
the money for shipping and a little extra for your service. I want parts
to as many and as many types of calcs. I have had to lately turn down a
few people who needed help fixing their calcs cause I didn't have any
parts for them.

Please help me. Pleeeeeze!!!  /;

>One quick question... wouldn't the capacitor run out after like a
couple
>of days... or hours... (not hours ti wouldn't be that dumb, would they)

The backup battery is not used when the normal batteries are installed,
even the lithium backup battery doesn't run but several days. Those
capacitors can hold and produce 5v for many hours and some even days.
They are usualy in the farad range (camera flash is about 1000uf or less
(micro farads)) Besides, you rarely tak the batteries out. Just to reset
or switch the main batteries.

Thanks!

Richard Piotter

e-mail: richfiles@hotmail.com