Re: TI-H: Backlight

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Backlight

<< I've seen some real small ones in a multi-line phone that I got because
 it didn't work.  It had green and red ones.  I know they use less that 9
 volts, because when I used a 9V battery on the contacts to light them
 up, the green one's turned orange after a few seconds :)  They also got
 very hot, but only on one spot smaller than a pinpoint; you could hold
 one in between your fingers and feel nothing until suddenly you felt a
 sharp prick of heat as your reflexes made you let go of the led.  That
 could be due to the overvoltage, though.

 Yeah, they would probably work pretty well as a light.  Pretty bright
 too.

Most LED's run on 1.5 V.