Re: TI-H: DriverLESS Memory Expander

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: DriverLESS Memory Expander

>>At 08:59 PM 11/16/97 -0700, Grant Stockly wrote:
>>
>>>Well, that wouldn't add more than about 32k.  The rom in the calcs
doesn't
>>>even support more than that.  It would take a long time, and your warntee
>What I meant to say, was that the calc doesn't support more than the
>orrigional 32k (27.5k) and adding more is impossible.

naah.., I'll agree it's (aldmost) impossible to implement more memory on the
calc, but that is because of hardware-trouble, it would include a completely
new circuit-board. But what you're talking about that it's limited to 32k is
untrue, the Z80 can address 64k mem, the TI85 has 128k ROM and 32k RAM, the
method they use to get rid of the addressing limit is bank-switching. That
would also be possible to "increase" banks, so that you coult THEORETICALLY
have more than 32k RAM, but practically it's "impossible"