TI-H: Carts

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Carts

>the link port and switch did, so why should some one I don't even know
I never said you couldn't do it.  You didn't read my message carefully.  I
stated that my cartridge would have mulit chips.  I did not say that you
couldn't exchange the cartridges while the calc is on.  I know you can do
that.  In fact, why should someone I don't know, tell me stuff that I would
know from porting the sorce.

NOTE: When the 8X drivers are released (if ever...) they will only operate
on the latest PIC.  That way I can garuntee that it will work on everyones
calc.

Also, I don't know why you are getting so mad.

The arcitecture of the PIC would allow a cartridge scheme.  Every time the
software reads an EEPROM, it starts from the begenning of each page and
scans for the file.  When it finds that it has a C, it skips it.  You
couldn't tell the software to do something like put a 20k file on a
cartridge that has 10k free hoping that you could put the rest on another
cart.

The same read and write routine are used without the driver, so carts
wouldn't be a problem.

The problem is when people get a (not done or tested) 1MB cart.  THe driver
will stop after 2048 (4MBit, 512k).  8MBit (1MB) would 4096, so most people
wouldn't be able to use 1MB to their fullest extent untill all of the
drivers are updated.

The software reads pages of the chip, not the type of the chip.  You would
have to exit the software, or quit out of your current process to tell it
what size again you were using.

This is for general info, so *don't* jump on me if you already know it.

Grant