TI-H: EuP and 85 questions

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: EuP and 85 questions

I am new to the list, but I have been following it on TICalc.org.  I am very excited about the EuP, because it promises more memory.

I am confused, however, about the whole thing.  As I understand it, the driver hasn't come out for the 8x yet, that being the 82, 83, 85, and 86.  Is this true?  Also, is it like the ESF in the sense that you must copy the software from the EuP before using it?  One more thing, how do you build it?  I've seen the page (http://www.flash.net/~bryanr/extend/) but I'm new to the field of electronics, and I want to get better (I've made one homemade calc<-->calc cable and two parallel cables in the past three days.)  And besides, if all the hype is true, this could be seriously cool.

One final question, 85 or 86?  I know of all the projects for the 85 that are out (light flasher, ESF, EuP, etc) that say that their drivers will only be for the 85, and since the EuP gives it more memory, that is not a problem.  Also, my school checks out 85's, so thats what everyone's carrying around.  Any input?