Re: TI-H: Temp sensor failing

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Temp sensor failing

I'm not sure, but excessive heat while soldering may do the trick. Once
I tested a chip to find its range, got it to 294 degrees F!!! I was
amazed, but when it got to 92 degrees, it shot down to 32 F (0 C). I
believe that if you hold the soldering iron too long, it causes the chip
to expand more than it was designed to. It works because the expansion
pushes things together, but when it cools, it contracts and messes up.
Try it again with a new circuit and just barely touch the soldering iron
to heat the chip. They are designed so the case conducts the heat
straight to the silicon sensor inside and that means it is extra
sensitive to your soldering iron

>Does anyone know why my temp sensor always reads 0?  I've built two of
them
>now.. but one never reads higher than about 10 or so, and the other
only 0.
>Anyone have any suggestions?

Richard Piotter

E-Mail: