Re: TI-H: CBL/CBR protocol

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: CBL/CBR protocol

Jake Robb wrote:

> Brian D. Easton wrote:
> >
> > With all this talk of expanders and networks I have a question.  Why has'nt
> > anyone thought of using a CBL\CBR type interface for hardware?  The CBR is
> > actually capable of sending a program directly to the calculator, so why
> > can't you use the get( and send( commands like the programs that inerface
> > with the cbl do?  The only attempt to do this is Cliff's Xpander but he
> > hasn't said anything about it recently.  Cliff- What's up with the Xpander
> > anyway?
> > Just my 2 monatarial units.
>
> Oooh, boy is THIS guy out of it!  (j/k)
>
> Cliff dropped the expander project months ago, to everyone's dismay.
> I've been trying to talk him into starting it again, or giving his
> progress to someone else, but lately he refuses to even answer my
> emails.  I suppose I get annoying after a while.

He may not be completly out of it.... just a quick thought not too much
thinking going on here on my part anyway... As I remember the Cbl or Cbr
or both had like 4 or 6 connections that could be used... now can you
write progz for the Cbl and cbr.... cause then you could use that as a
hook up or something... I don't know... I've only used the thing once..
but I remember it had a bunch of little plugs for it... like one to
measure the elctronic waves or something... if you could use that on a 4
pin scale and anylize the waves to determine what they mean... like on
off or whatever then couldn't you use that to communicate... I don't
know... what is your opinion... it sounds like it could work from the
info I have... could someone tell me a little more about hte cbl and
cbr...

MAndersen@dhvx20.csudh.edu