Re: TI-H: TI-MOUSE

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: TI-MOUSE

Jussi Vainionpää wrote:

> >The only practical solution would be to connect a UART to the TI and use
> >it to time the RS232C operations right. In fact, that's what I'm
> >currently trying to build (as one of my projects...oh well.) I should
> >get the SCC2691 UART tomorrow and connect it to the TI with two
> >PCF8574's. Also, a MAX232 will be needed. With that design it is
> >possible to connect a mouse, or any other RS232C device such as a modem,
> >to the link port. But it costs about $30 (I'd guess, FIM 150 if you're
> >interested) to build.
>
>         Well, the really practical way would be the microcontroller expander
>         which could do the serial i/o+buffering+link port multiplexing.

That's possible too, but then you'd have to program the microcontroller
yourself, so most people wouldn't be able to build it themselves. Even
if the code was available, you'd need a programmer. The UART does not
need any burned-in code.

-Ozone

--
*** Osma Suominen *** ozone@clinet.fi *** http://www.clinet.fi/~ozone