Re: TI-H: 16 bit sound on 92

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: 16 bit sound on 92

would a shift register work. Set it up to count every cycle of the
screen and count a certain number of bits. Only 16 dots would be needed
to do it, if the screen refresh is fast enough, and a line or square in
the corner could do the work unobtrusively. Even if you needed to use
more data than that, you could just reserve the 4 columns or whatever is
required. It might require an AVR or PIC even, but a standard format for
high quality stereo sound output on any calc would be nice. If you're
using an AVR or PIC, it might even be possible to reserve some other
lines for tone data generated by a hardware or software (on the Micro)
waveform generator! Programs could be identified as 16-bit ready and it
wouldn't impair link functions or anything. You would be including the
data allong withthe screen data, so there would be no need to switch
internal ports, AND would also free up the link so sound and link play
could be done simultaneously!