Re: TI-H: Re: What is the TI network?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Re: What is the TI network?

OK, enough is enough.  This is easier than you guys make itout to be. A
cord that have oh,say, 9 connectors.     End of hardware.

Software:
for 9 calc max (Increased easily)

Have calc check for data being sent ever 10 microsecs
if data, read 1st bit.  If lead bit then read 2nd bit
if second bit matchs calc's assigned number then read rest of data,
then send lead bit followed by senders bit
followed by your bit.
If second bit is zero download all data, do not send recieve signal
(Because zero is
all calc download)

Of corse you can make it more complex, 4 bits behind lead bit, or  1 bit,
one of the
original nine calcs downloads, then reads 3rd bit and transmits to calcs
connected to it
but not rest of net, etc, etc.

It is actually easy, it's just: What's the point?  If your close enough to
link then just talk,
same WTP? for Infared link.  Radio would be the only really useful link
besides wire because you could communicate to people in diffrent rooms and
be moving (Games, cheating, robotic control, etc.)

As for building it:

Calcs have only 1 I/O , rc cars have 3 or so I think....
Buy two cars (Same brand and type), then just decode the signals and use`em