Re: TI-H: Built in speaker

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Built in speaker

> Earphones are coils of wire and it crashes the calc when you leave the
> shell. The piezo element is a crystal and works more like a capacitor
> than an inductor (like the speaker coil). You can get a crystal earphone
> from (probably) Radio Shack and hook it up.

	Okay I understand that much....

> 1-bit sound requires only 1 wire, but since there are two wires, stereo
> 1-bit sound is possible. z-Pong has stereo sound I think. To make 2-bit
> sound you need two resistors of different values and 1 piezo element,
> but because 1 speaker requires both wires, you lose stereo capability.
> You could use a switch to select between mono 2-bit and stereo 1-bit if
> you wired it right (need some diodes though).
>
> It ought to work fine. I havn't tried the values of the resistors.

Um....  correct me if I'm wrong but in order to get stereo sound you
need two piezo buzzers... otherwise it's not stereo... my deffiniton of
stereo sound is one buzzer in the right ear.. one in te left...

Also to change the subject...  anyone know exatcly what chips mel tsai
is going to use???

Pellaeon
gramps@wf.net
http://surf.to/pellaeon