Re: TI-H: vacation prog problem

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 16:58 1997-12-10 +0100, you wrote:

>* this might appear a bit of-topic, but you'll be lucky if it the
>problem's solved *
>
>I'm using a vacation program, that answers all my e-mails while I'm
>abroad.
>But now I joined TI-Hardware, so I think that when the program's on,
>whenever I'll recieve a mail from the list, it will send a dummy message
>back telling the whole group (read: you!) that I'm not here... I assume
>you can also live without that info, so: HOW TO STOP THAT??? After all,
>I don't want to quit the list when abroad, because I want to read all
>the postings when I'm back again - on the other hand I want the vacation
>program to run for all other (non-list) senders.

There was a guy who did that in the connect-85 mailing list, and he even replied letters from himself, I call that a bad setup.
If you are using the unix vacation system, you can select what e-mails to ignore. Otherwise I would suggest that you leave the list and monitor it from ticalc.org while you're gone.

Regards,
                     -/- David Eriksson -/-

2 G o o D   P r o d u c t i o n s  ->  http://www.2goodsoft.com/